jump rope exercise has a lot of benefits, and not just because it fits almost all ages but it is really one of the best way to stay in shape as long as possible. A skipping rope workout is nice thing to practice if you really care about your fitness and health. If you love jumping rope, Skipping can be a good idea to put it into your weekly routine exercise.
Let's assume that you have never taken this type of training and that you are coming out of a period of physical inactivity. If not, still read the precautions to take and things to know before you start (it can't hurt). Then go to the exercises, modifying the programs to your liking
- no rope to jump barefoot running shoes for everyone. The shoes will absorb shocks and save you from injury.
- we jump on tiptoe and not on the heel: to allow the body to absorb the shock without causing damage.
- In case of hip, knee and back problems or joint pain: no jump rope. Negotiate with your doctor.
- In case of low ceiling or floor not strong enough (include "floor not located on the ground floor": think of your neighbors): same prohibition. Unless you find another place to train. Avoid concrete or bitumen floors anyway.
- No pets or small children nearby when you jump: a rope hit comes quickly and hurts very badly.
How to position yourself
- It does not work the right muscles (Unnecessary effort)
- It forces a part of the body to perform a movement for which it may not be made: hence the risk of injury (Harmful Effort).
- Keep your back straight and look ahead, your head in the axis of the spine
- Contract the abs slightly
- Place the arms along the body, according to your convenience: the more you spread the arms, the more the shoulders work
- Coordinate the gestures of the arms and legs: among other things so as not to get caught with your feet in the rope
- Receive yourself correctly and do not crash on your supports
- During the jumps, it is on the regularity that we must focus. Not on the number of hops or the duration
- breathe. (Who knows? It can always be useful)
What you need to know before you start
- Strengthening the heart
- Increased endurance
- Weight loss
Exercise 6 – Strength and Balance
This exercise requires enough space to be able to move.
- Reproduce exercise 1, moving forward. Keep the same pace of progress: Do not change the speed of movement or the speed at which the rope rotates.
- This exercise allows both to recover between two intense exercises and to train the coordination of leg / arm movements.