Motivation in sport: set goals!
The best way to keep the motivation to play sports is to set goals. They must be attainable, and renewable to always keep the motivation.
If you have made your resolutions for the new year to get back in shape, that's fine but we'll see the most common mistake and thus see how to achieve its goals.
This error is "not to clearly specify its objectives". Most of the goals of the new year are "I want to lose weight" or "I want to eat less" etc. These goals are not clear and detailed so you take the risk of giving up easily because you will not be able to measure your progress. You won't know when and how to achieve its goals.
It's adding clarity to your goals, this way you'll be able to work better on it and know when you've succeeded.
For example: instead of saying "I want to lose weight" say "I eliminate 10 kilos in 6 months and I gain confidence." or "I weigh 50 kilos for June 30, 2015 and I am overflowing with energy". Do you see the difference? this new objective is clear, specific and time-bound. Instead of saying "6 months" you can simply note the precise date "June 30, 2020". Add a positive note as a beneficial effect that your goal will bring you once it is reached as "I gain confidence". It can be something else like "I gain energy and self-esteem" etc.
To achieve its objectives, they must be:
- Clear (How much do you want to weigh or how much do you want to lose?)
- Time-bounded (To know when the objective should be achieved)
- Positive (Add to your goal what it will bring you whether physically or mentally)
Concretely, how to achieve your objectives
You need to write down your goals and create a plan for yourself.
- Bring a notebook (small tiles) and a pen.
- Make a box and write your main goal: CASE- I eliminate 10 kilos in 6 months (June 30, 2020) and I gain confidence.
- Below, make a box again and you will write a sub-goal: CASE – I eliminate 2 kilos for the month of January 2015.
- Below, you will write an action plan for this sub-goal.
- You'll add as many sub-sub goals as necessary to achieve that sub-goal. CASE – For 1 week, I eat only one plate per meal. etc
- Continue like this until your main goal is achieved. Don't forget to check your boxes and congratulate yourself ;).
This tip will allow you to make your wishes in personal project and keep the motivation. It will become more serious, finally you will be able to see the course create at the end of each month and it will motivate you to continue 🙂