What muscles make up the muscles of the back?
In the back we can find some of the most important and largest muscles of our entire body. Training and developing this musculature will make your body not only gain aesthetics,but stay away from back pain; therefore, their training is one of the main objectives of most people who go to gyms.
To describe the muscles of the back we will group them into three groups mainly: deep, intermediate and superficial muscles.
Those muscles that are directly related to the spine and that, as the name suggests, are located in the deepest part of the back are grouped in deep muscles. Some say that they are the most important muscles of the back, since they will depend on us having a good body posture and avoid discomfort.
These muscles have their origin in the sacrum and extend until they are inserted into the skull. Among the most remarkable deep muscles, we can mention the spinotransverse and the splenium muscle.
The intermediate muscles are those muscles of the back located in the rib case. The main function of these muscles is the elevation and depression of the ribs,therefore, they are usually associated with the breathing process. These muscles form the inferior posterior serrate, the superior posterior serrate, the iliocostal, the very long and the thoracic spinal.
The superficial muscles are associated with the movement of the shoulder. They are the muscles that can be seen on the surface of the back. They are so named because they are located just below the skin and superficial fascia.
These muscles have their origin in the spine and are attached to the clavicle, shoulder bones, humerus and scapula. The main function of the superficial muscles is associated with the movement of the upper extremity.
Exercises to train the back at home
Below we will list a series of exercises that will help you work the muscles of your back at home.
Rowing with towel
There are numerous ways to exercise in our homes without spending any money on material. For example, a towel. With this element you can take advantage of more than we can think, being able to work the dorsal muscles effectively.
To do the paddle with towel:
- Select a towel and surround a pole or column with it.
- Stretch it and put your arms in tension, throwing the body back.
- Bend your knees and place your chest forward, looking ahead.
- It totally stretches the arms.
- Once you completely contract your arms, hold for a second and return to the original position, slowly and controlledly so as not to lose body stability.
Inverted rowing on table
Inverted rowing is one of the exercises par excellence to help you prepare or improve the dominated ones. This movement will help you put emphasis on other muscles in your back by changing the working angle.
In inverted oaring, the muscles of the back are mainly worked as a wider dorsal and round greater,but when performing traction it is inevitable that the biceps will be involved in the movement.
To do this correctly follow the following prompts:
- Lie down under a table.
- Grab the table by running your hands above the surface.
- Rest your heels on the floor and keep your buttocks tight and your abdomen contracted.
- Make a traction that helps you climb up and bring your chest to the table.
- Performs the down phase by controlling movement.
- To perform the execution of this exercise you will need two bottles of water.
- It is an exercise that will help you work the back of the deltoid or shoulder,although the middle and anterior deltoids are also worked.
- Stand with your legs separated from the width of your shoulders or a little less and your knees slightly bent.
- The bottles must be held in both hands.
- Tilt the trunk forward keeping the back straight.
- Raise the arms laterally.
The swimmer's exercise is used in different sports disciplines such as Pilates,fitness or yoga. It is characterized by being a very complete and low impact movement, which allows to work the muscle groups of the whole body in a single movement, although the most involved parts are the shoulders, the back and the back of the legs.
It is a very beneficial exercise to work and / or activate the muscles of the body. The regular practice of this exercise will strengthen the muscle system.
- Lie down/face down on a mat or mat.
- You'll need to keep your back straight and your legs and arms fully outstretched above your head.
- Raise one arm and the opposite leg at a time, about 2 or 3 spans from the ground.
- He lowers his leg and arm again and performs the same movement but with the opposite leg and arm.
- Hyperextensions in soil
The hyperextensions in soil are an exercise that will work in a localized way the lower musculature of your back. It is an exercise with which you must be careful if you do not have enough experience since it can overload the area if it is not done correctly.
- Stand face down lying on a mat.
- The hands are placed in the never.
- The feet are left with the tips resting on the ground fixing the posture.
- Try to raise the torso of the ground a couple of centimeters.
- Hold the posture and return to the position of origin to repeat the times they have been scheduled.
Training back at home is made easy with this routine
Below we provide you with an exercise routine that you must modify and readjust in series and repetitions whenever you consider it appropriate.
Exercises grouped with the same letter should be performed consecutively.